I. School Sponsored TV and Radio Broadcasts
A. Only authorized school sponsored and supervised TV and radio programs, which are non-profit, are considered under this policy. These programs are educational because school staff members and students conduct them.
B. These programs will be televised under the educational access policy of the FCC.
C. Section XI will determine whether broadcasts and telecasts are to be live or delayed tape. These broadcasts may not contain commercial advertisements.
D. Written permission for live broadcasts must be received from Section XI at least 48 hours prior to the contest.
E. There will be no fee for programs for the educational access channel.
F. Procedure for schools wishing to tape Section XI tournament events:
1. The athletic director of the school wishing to tape a contest must contact the chairman (of the sport involved) and the site director.
2. Each school's TV or radio crew will consist of a maximum of six people, including one supervisor, unless special permission is granted for additional help from the site director.
3. School TV and radio crews do not have access to the official scoring and timing table.
4. The TV and radio broadcasts are subject to all national, state and Section XI rules.
5. The sport and/or site chairman will determine the location of the TV and radio crew, equipment, etc.
II. Public and Commercial TV and Radio Broadcasts
A. Section XI shall determine appropriate fees for broadcast and telecast rights.
B. Participating schools and Section XI do not surrender their rights to tape and broadcast these athletic events.
C. Commercial telecasters will be limited to one production crew on site per event.
D. Telecasters will deal directly with the Executive Director, chairman, and site director.
Section XI reserves the right of sponsor approval.
III. Videotaping (Revised 12/15/87)
The videotaping of Section XI sponsored contests leading to the solicitation or sale of tapes is strictly prohibited.
B. Practices and Scrimmages
The videotaping of practices and/or scrimmages by a third party school is not permitted. The use by third party schools of privately owned videotapes of practices/scrimmages is not permitted.
The use of videotapes of contests for the purpose of scouting is not prohibited under this policy.
NOTE: Personnel videotaping contests must identify themselves to the host school site director or supervisor and are expected to follow any and all directions given by the host school.