GIRLS GYMNASTICS (Rev 3/07)
1. USAJO rules. FIG Code of Points shall govern competition.
2. The number of competitions allowed per season is 12. The number of practices prior to a scrimmage is 10. The number of practices prior to a competition is 15.
3. DUAL MEETS
a. Six competitors from each school may compete in each event.
b. The top five competitors' raw scores will be added to determine the event total.
c. The highest team total score for the four Olympic events shall determine the winner.
d. If the team arrives late, they will have 20 minutes for warm-up. Judges can start the home team on vaulting while the visiting team continues to warm-up.
e. Individual competitors in meets add one minute per individual for beam and floor. Placement in event is at the discretion of the host school coach.
f. Substitutions must be made prior to the competitor being called to compete by the judge.
g. Lineups are filled with the blanks at the top - last name, first name.
h. All schools must have a side horse to host competitions. Schools may opt to use the vaulting table if one is provided.
i. Competition will not be allowed on spring strips/floors.
4. ORDER OF EVENTS
Vaulting (visitor up last)
Uneven Bars (home up last)
10 minute warm-up
Balance Beam (visitor up last)
Floor Exercise (home up last)
5. The league champion will be determined by the win/loss record accumulated during scheduled league dual meet competition.
6. WITHDRAW FROM CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION (SCRATCH PROCEDURE)
Any scratch received in writing by the gymnastics chairman prior to the competition will be accepted and the next gymnast(s) qualified will compete. Once the gymnast has been scratched she may NOT re-enter the competition in any event(s). (Rev. 1/12/10)
SECTION XI TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
1. The top six schools qualify by using the average of their best five meet scores during the league and cross-over season.
2. An additional team will qualify provided its average is within three points of the average of the top three teams.
3. Both side horse and vaulting table will be available for the vaulting event.
SECTION XI INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIP
1. A seeding meeting will be held immediately following the conclusion of the season.
2. Thirty gymnasts will be seeded in each of the four events according to the average of the best scores in four league and cross-over meets.
3. Any girl seeded in all four events will be eligible for the all-around award.
4. Both side horse and vaulting table will be available for the vaulting event.
5. The Section XI Girls Gymnastics Individual Championship will use the "warm-up - compete" format. (Approved 3-14-06)
6. The Section XI Girls Gymnastics Individual Championship will use the four-event format. (All events will take place simultaneously using the format of the team championship.) (Approved 3/11/08)
The top three gymnasts in each event, and the top three all-around gymnasts from the Section XI Individual Championship will represent Section XI at the NYSPHSAA Championship.
Preparation for the state championship competition shall be limited to those individuals who qualified during the fall season, and the number of organized practice sessions shall be no more than or fewer than the number required before a first contest (team: 10 practices).