1. National Federation rules.
2. Visiting teams will use the field for 15 minutes prior to game start time.
3. On all levels, typed copies of ground rules are to be given to the plate umpire and the visiting coach.
4. All coaches on all levels are required to present lineup cards to the plate umpire and opposing coach.
5. Games are to be seven innings.
6. If any game is suspended for any reason prior to it being an official game, that game must resume from the point of interruption according to the following: Should the suspended game be the first game of a two-game series or the first or second game of a three-game series, play will resume on the date of the next scheduled game of the series, prior to the scheduled game, even if the game is on the opposite site form the original game unless both schools agree to play on the next available date which is prior to the next scheduled game. Should the suspended game be the final game of a series, play will resume at the same site on the next available date. (Approved 1/11/12)
7. In the implementation of the next available date policy in baseball, league games will take precedence over non-league games after the second week of the league schedule.
8. All coaches shall be required to wear protective helmets while standing along the 1st and 3rd base lines during games. (Approved 10/8/09)
League Alignment (Approved 10/15/14)
There shall be a rotation in the number of teams within leagues if team numbers in the AA/A classifications remain the same in consecutive years.
|League 1||League 2||League 3||League 4||League 5||League 6||League 7|
|2014-15||6 teams||6 teams||6 teams||7 teams||7 teams||6 teams||7 teams|
|2015-16||6 teams||7 teams||7 teams||6 teams||6 teams||7 teams||6 teams|
Section XI Tournament
Effective July 1, 2014, Section XI has
adopted SPALDING as the official ball used in all Section XI playoff contests.
Schools are mandated to use a SPALDING product exclusively during ALL ROUNDS of
the Section XI playoffs.
The Section XI Sport Chair will decide when schools will receive the SPALDING TF-Pro (41-000HS) ball. Schools may use this ball or any other SPALDING product.
All teams with .500 league records or better shall qualify for the Section XI Tournament. (Approved 3/3/15)
1. The highest seeded team in all rounds will be home team except in the finals.
2. The team progressing the farthest in each classification will be the Section XI qualifier for the NYSPHSAA tournament in that class.
3. Schools will furnish three balls per game.
4. Schools will pay officials through the third round of the tournament.
5. A contest shall be moved to the visiting school if the home school does not have a site available to play. (App 3/13)
6. Any interrupted game will be continued from the point the game was stopped.
Protest Committee: The site chairman will appoint a protest committee of three people for each game. A protest in any game must be lodged immediately, as prescribed in the Section XI rules. Play will not continue until the problem is resolved.
2015 SUFFOLK COUNTY BASEBALL TOURNAMENT FORMAT (Approved 3/3/15)
1. 1. Placement is such that Leagues 1, 2, 3, 6, 8 and 9 have six teams each and Leagues 1, 2 and 7 have seven teams each.
2. 2. The 6-team leagues will play a 20-game league schedule, 3-game series will be played prior to the round robin schedule at the end of the season with no opportunity for non-league games.
The 7-team leagues will play 3-game series among each opponent in their league and have an opportunity to play two non-league games.
3. 3. A .500 league record is eligible for the playoffs.
4. 4. Eligible teams within the classification will be seeded by the seeding committee.
5. 5. Co-Champions will be recognized by the Section, however the team that wins the regular season series will be awarded the bye in the playoffs. If there is a tie for League Champion and the tie cannot be broken by head to head match-up, the tie shall be broken through a point value system. Each team not involved in the tie within the league will be given a point value from the bottom of the league (1pt) to the top of the league (4pt) and wins against those opponents will tally a total value. The champion with the highest total gets the bye to the AA- final 8, A- final 4 and the B- final 4. If the League Champion still cannot be decided, a coin flip by the Executive Director of Section XI and witnessed by his or her designee will determine who gets the bye. Heads will be determined by name of school that comes first in the Alphabet, tails will go to the name of school that comes next in Alphabet.
6. 6. Classification Tournament design as follows:
AA- 5 League Champs have a bye to the FINAL 8 regardless of their seed. All other teams will begin single elimination tournament starting with an outbracket contest if necessary until 12 teams are left. The remaining 12 teams will play single elimination until there are 3 teams left at which time they will be added into a bracket along with the 5 league champions based on initial seed. The final 8 teams will play single elimination into the final 4 and once in the final 4, the format becomes 2 out of 3 through the championship.
A- 2 League Champions have a bye to the FINAL 4 regardless of seed. All other teams will play single elimination to final four based on seed. Once in the final 4 the format becomes 2 of 3 through the championship.
B- League Champ has a bye to the FINAL 4. Once in the final 4 the format becomes 2 of 3 through the championship. If less than four teams are eligible an outbracket single elimination game is played based on seed and the winner would then advance to a 2 of 3 series for the Class Champion.
C- There are 4 C Schools, if all four are eligible the C tournament is 2 of 3 through the Championship from the beginning. If less than four are eligible an outbracket single elimination game is played based on seed and the winner would then advance to a 2 of 3 series for the Class Champion.